How Rowling & Associates can help
Ideally, you would like to take the time to do the research, have a solid foundation of knowledge to ask Human Resources additional questions, and then make informed decisions based on careful consideration. But life gets in the way; getting up to speed in your new job takes precedent, you never dive through all the paperwork you are handed at hiring, and perhaps you don’t understand all the options and benefits you have at your disposal.
You might be forced to make a hasty decision without considering the long-term consequences, which can drastically affect your retirement timeframe, current or future tax liabilities, or limit the protection you and your loved ones have to weather unforeseen circumstances financially unscathed.
Ultimately, we want your employee benefits to help you improve your progress towards retirement and provide you with additional protections as needed. You deserve to know that you are taking advantage of all your employee benefits offer.
The following is just some of the research we do for our clients to ensure that they are making the best choices when it comes to their employee benefits.
Employee Benefits Support
- We make sure you never miss out on “free money” or employer matches to your contributions.
- We outline the pros and cons of deferred compensation plans and compare these to other long-term saving strategies.
- We help you take advantage of Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and make sure your medical needs are met by your health insurance options
- We want you to have enough life and long-term disability insurance and review any policies that are included within your benefits package to determine if they are adequate for your needs or if supplemental coverage might be needed.
- We review all stock options and make sure your current and future tax liabilities are considered from the beginning.
Articles Related to Employee Benefits:
Health Savings Accounts are very popular and, if available to you, very often are highly recommended. Most employers now offer additional high deductible health care plans with an HSA account feature to make their benefits package even more enticing. But why are HSAs...
Imagine that you just started at a new job and HR hands you a document outlining your employee benefits. There is a section of the benefits package called Supplemental Health Plans. These include a number of options with scary sounding words relating to your health...
In previous posts, we’ve talked about two of the more common individual retirement accounts (IRAs) – traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs. But there is another, lesser known, type of retirement account that could work well for you. It’s called the SEP IRA, and it’s what...
Open enrollment for employee benefits is happening right now at most companies. Before tossing aside the large package of materials, take the time to understand and choose your employee benefits wisely. Many employers offer nice benefits that can save money and help...
Most workers have a significant portion of their assets in their employer plans. It is great to see so many people saving from every paycheck for their future, but there could be some costly mistakes that could derail your worry-free retirement. Here’s what to watch...
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.
Decide what you want your future to look like and Rowling & Associates sustainable finance and wealth management firm will work with you to create a financial plan for getting you there.
P: (619) 295-0200
F: (619) 295-0210